Buying a Second Home or Holiday Home in Poitou-Charentes
Discover Poitou-Charentes is focussed on helping residents and visitors discover all there is to do and see in this beautiful region, to help holidaymakers find places to stay and to help everyone discover great places to eat or have a drink. However, we know that some of you will love the region so much you'll want to buy a second home or holiday home here.
Happy house hunting!
Tips on buying a holiday home in the Poitou-Charentes
This website gives a lot of interesting information about the delights of this region and you can see why it is a popular area for house buyers. It has a fantastic climate and is easily accessible from the channel ports. You can get here within five hours from Calais.
There are also airports at Poitiers, Limoges and La Rochelle. It's a fantastic region for a holiday.
So if you're looking to buy a second or holiday home in this region, here are a few tips for you:
● Draw up a 'wish list' of what you are looking for. This will really help your estate agent to select suitable properties for you to view.
● If you need a loan, make enquiries with lenders before your trip. You could also consider a French mortgage. If possible have the finance agreed in principle before you start looking, This means you can act quickly when you find the property of your dreams.
● Do your homework and ideally identify the area where you want to buy before you make arrangements to view properties.
● Be realistic about your budget, but on the other hand don't be deterred by a high asking price or be frightened to make a low offer. It is a good time to buy and sellers are accepting surprisingly low offers in some cases, so you never know!
● Your estate agent should be able to put you in touch with companies which offer property management services and can look after your holiday home for you when you are not there, giving you peace of mind during your absence.
I work alongside my partner Sarah Barr as an Agent Commercial with TIC Immobilier in Ruffec. The area we cover generally includes a 30 km radius from Ruffec. The agency has on its books a wide variety of properties ranging from old ruins, barns, renovated farmhouses, watermills, castles and gîte complexes, to new houses.
If you are looking to buy a property in the area please contact us (details below) and we will do our best to find you the property of your dreams. We will listen to you and try and match your requirements to the houses we have available.
As an example, this little gem is an ideal property for someone looking for a holiday home. It is tucked away in a small hamlet and has open views from the French windows in the lounge, a manageable garden and a lovely stone barn.
It is on the market for only €95,400 (agency fees included).
Full information on this and other properties can be found on our website www.tic-immo-ruffec.com
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel : 06 06 93 42 42
Email : email@example.com
Tel : 06 32 66 44 47
Agence TIC Ruffec Immobilier
17 rue du Dr Roux16700 RUFFEC
Tel : 05 45 71 00 46